Sunday, June 14, 2009

Strawberries in a salad....Oh my thats good!

Special K- 220 calories, banana- 100 calories, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze- 20 calories

If you have never tried almond milk you should give it a try... its a totally different taste then milk but its great on cereal and very low in calories. It cleans off floors and counter tops very easily too! Today I THREW my first measuring cup on the floor. I think maybe I was channeling my inner child or something at the time.

Spinach berry salad- 200 calories. SO YUMMY! At the bbq yestraday I had a spinach/berry salad and wanted to copy it. So I got the recipe from the lady.... well it involved lots of cheese, lots of sugar and lots of nuts and WAY TOO MANY CALORIES! So I lightened it up.

For 2 people
3 cups of torn baby spinach- 20 calories
5 large strawberries sliced- 25 calories
1/2 cup blueberries- 40 calories
1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped - 200 calories
4 tb light Kraft Raspberry vinagrette- 120 calories

I also had a "Chicken" grill patty on wheat toast with tomatoes, red onion, mustard and ketchup with pickles on the side. 320 calories

Afternoon snack was an Easter bunny- 140 calories + the top off a corn muffin - 100 calories

Total calories before dinner- 1100 calories.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment